Clitheroe Fire Marshall Training
This Clitheroe fire marshall training course is suitable for employees nominated to undertake the role of the Fire Warden/Fire Marshall, including both proactive and reactive functions. It will ensure that the employer is fulfilling their obligations under the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order (2005) to train staff in respect of fire.
Clitheroe Fire Marshall Training Course Contents
• The impact of fire
• Legislation – legal responsibilities
• Perceptions about risk
• Fire Service Awareness – What to expect
• Should we be using extinguishers
• An introduction to Fire Science
• Classifications of Fire
• Extinguisher identification, selection and use
• Hands-on fire extinguisher use*
• Human Behaviour in Fire, including case studies
• Pro-active and reactive roles of the Fire Warden
• Hazard spotting & Risk Reduction
• Unwanted Fire Signal reduction (False Alarms)
• Action in the event of Fire
• Fire Drills, How and Why
• Managing an Incident
• Escape devices
*Staff can experience real fire extinguishment using our environmentally friendly, bespoke propane ‘safe-fire’ training rigs. With no mess, quick to set up and pack away. This will give real confidence in handling and use of extinguishers (space on a car park 6 metres from any building is required).
If this is unachievable, we can demonstrate extinguisher discharge only.
Clitheroe Fire Marshall Training Learning Outcomes
Having attended the course the candidate will have gained an understanding of all aspects of the role of the Fire Warden and should be competent to undertake this role and apply the fire strategies within their workstation.
If you have any questions or would like some information about our Clitheroe Fire Safety Training courses including Clitheroe Fire Marshall Training and Clitheroe Fire Awareness Training courses please call 01200 439333 today or complete our course enquiry/quote form below.